Translate this page
Rainbow Water District declares Drought Response Level 2
Thursday, August 14th, 2014
Issue 33, Volume 18.
"By approving such, all Drought Level 1 conditions become mandatory, along with Drought Level 2 conditions. These mandatory restrictions will become effective on Aug. 15. The restrictions are as follows:
"Residential and commercial landscape irrigation will be limited to no more than three (3) assigned days per week and no more than ten (10) minutes per watering station per assigned day, except for irrigation systems using water efficient devices such as weather based controllers, drip/micro-irrigation systems and stream rotor sprinklers. The last number of the property address determines the days that irrigation may be done:
Odd Number: Monday, Wednesday, Friday
Even Number: Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
• Stop washing down paved surfaces, including but not limited to sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, tennis courts, or patios, except when it is necessary to alleviate safety or sanitation hazards.
• Stop water waste resulting from inefficient landscape irrigation, such as runoff, low head drainage, or overspray, etc. Similarly, stop water flows onto non-targeted areas, such as adjacent property, non-irrigated areas, hardscapes, roadways, or structures.
• Irrigate residential and commercial landscape before 10a.m. and after 6 p.m. only.
• Use a hand-held hose equipped with a positive shut-off nozzle or bucket to water landscaped areas, including trees and shrubs located on residential and commercial properties that are not irrigated by a landscape irrigation system.
• Irrigate nursery and commercial grower’s products before 10 a.m. and after 6 p.m. only. Watering is permitted at any time with a hand-held hose equipped with a positive shut-off nozzle, a bucket or watering can. Irrigation of nursery propagation beds is permitted at any time. Watering of livestock is permitted at any time.
• Use re-circulated water to operate ornamental fountains.
• Wash vehicles using a bucket and a hand-held hose with positive shut-off nozzle, mobile high pressure/low volume wash system, or at a commercial site that re-circulates (reclaims) water on-site.
• Avoid washing during hot conditions when additional water is required due to evaporation.
• Serve and refill water in restaurants and other food service establishments only upon request.
• Offer guests in hotels, motels, and other commercial lodging establishments the option of not laundering towels and linens daily.
• Use recycled or non-potable water for construction purposes when available.
• Repair all water leaks within seventy-two (72) hours of notification by RMWD.
For more information, visit www.rainbowmwd.com; click on "Conservation" to view Resolution No. 14-20 and Ordinance No. 14-05 or call (760) 728-1178 and speak to customer service.
The Fallbrook Village News has tightened its' policy regarding comments.
While we invite you to contribute your opinions and thoughts, we request that you refrain from using vulgar or obscene words and post only comments that directly pertain to the specific topic of the story or article.
Comments that are derogatory in nature have a high likelihood for editing or non-approval if they carry the possibility of being libelous.
The comment system is not intended as a forum for individuals or groups to air personal grievances against other individuals or groups.
Please, no advertising or trolling.
In posting a comment for consideration, users understand that their posts may be edited as necessary to meet system parameters, or the post may not be approved at all. By submitting a comment, you agree to all the rules and guidelines described here.
Most comments are approved or disregarded within one business day.
Valley NewsAnza Valley OutlookFallbrook.orgSourcebookPDF VersionCoupon CornerSign up for iNewsEarthquake Info
357 Medical marijuan...
265 Arrests now numb...
246 13-year-old Fall...
211 Vote ‘yes’ on Pr...
205 Arrests now tota...
170 UPDATE: Authorit...
168 Man hit, killed ...
166 Marine commits s...
153 13-year-old Fall...
149 Little Mexico in...
148 EXCLUSIVE UPDATE...
145 Increased Noise ...
137 Fallbrook reside...
133 Methamphetamine ...
125 Mother-in-law ar...