Translate this page
FCPG submits priorities for local road projects
Thursday, July 3rd, 2014
Issue 27, Volume 18.
Anne Burdick, chair of the FCPG circulation committee, presented the list of priorities her group had formulated and made a motion for approval, which passed unanimously.
"We have long advocated improving intersections before widening roads, and these lists reflect that principle," said Burdick. "We also felt that the roads with high traffic volumes and safety concerns should be a primary focus."
Burdick said that seven of 14 proposed intersection improvements are related to the "Fallbrook community’s desire to avoid constructing four-lane roadways on East Mission Road and South Stage Coach Lane, believing that intersection improvements can eliminate much of the "friction" on the road, improve the flow of traffic, and postpone as long as possible the need for a major four-lane construction project."
The capital improvement priority list was set as follows:
1.East Mission Rd. & Santa Margarita Dr.: Traffic signal and intersection improvements
2.Stage Coach Ln. & Reche Rd.: Intersection improvements
3. East Mission Rd. & Ranger Rd.: Road and intersection improvements
East Mission/Yucca (Live Oak Park Rd.)
East Mission/Old 395/I-15
4. Knottwood Way Extension: Road reconstruction
5. Calavo/Brooke Rd. & S. Stage Coach Ln.: Three-way signal and intersection improvements
6. Stage Coach Ln. & Fallbrook St.: Intersection improvements and traffic signal
7. Stage Coach Ln. & Alvarado St.: Intersection improvements
8. Ammunition Rd.: Sidewalks (north and south sides)
9. Elder St. between Elbrook & Potter St.: Sidewalks for pedestrian safety in hospital area
10. Clemmens Ln.: Sidewalk between S. Mission & Old Stage Rd. (north side)
11. Reche Rd. at LiveOak Elementary School: Intersection improvements
12. Stage Coach Ln. & E. Mission Rd.: Intersection improvements
13. Pepper Tree Ln. Extension: Road construction & traffic signal at S. Mission Rd.
14. Stewart Canyon Rd. & I-15 Interchange
Road improvement projects (sealing and repaving) were also prioritized by the FCPG circulation committee.
According to Burdick, her committee "evaluated the road improvements based on traffic volume and safety concerns." The list of priorities carried the instruction that the Dept. of Public Works should consider adding trails and pathways wherever possible. That motion passed unanimously as well.
Priorities for sealing and or repaving submitted are:
1. De Luz Rd.: Kalmia to Sandia Creek Dr.
2. Hamilton Ln.: Gum Tree Ln. to E. Mission Rd.
3. Old Hwy 395: SR76 to Reche Rd.
4. Reche Rd.: Old Hwy 395 to S. Stage Coach Ln.
5. S. Mission Rd.: Junction of E. Mission to Pepper Tree Ln.
E. Mission Rd. segments
6. Curve west of Hamilton Ln.
7. Intersection with Macadamia
8. Curve by Via Zancas
9. Intersection with Riverview
10. Riverview to Fallen Leaf
11. Santa Margarita Dr. to Industrial Wy
12. Willow Glen: E. Mission to N. Stage Coach Ln.
13. Stage Coach Ln.: Knoll Wood to Joy Rd.
14. Hill Ave.: Hill Court to Merida Dr.
15. Merida Dr.: Hill Ave. to Alturas Rd.
16. Banyon Dr.
17. Macadamia Dr.
18. Farrand Rd.: Palomino to Pepper Tree
19. Olive Hill Rd.: Mackey to Futurity
20. Green Canyon: S. Mission Rd. to Winterhaven
Slurry seal priorities issued by the FCPG include:
1. Mission Rd.: Old Hwy 395 to Gum Tree Lane
2. Green Canyon: Winterwarm to S. Mission Rd.
3. Fallbrook St.: N. Stage Coach Ln. to S. Mission
Projects that the FCPG noted to the Dept. of Public Works as "special needs/safety concerns" were:
1. Rocky Crest Rd.
2. Big Oak Ranch/S. Mission Rd. intersection
The Fallbrook Village News has tightened its' policy regarding comments.
While we invite you to contribute your opinions and thoughts, we request that you refrain from using vulgar or obscene words and post only comments that directly pertain to the specific topic of the story or article.
Comments that are derogatory in nature have a high likelihood for editing or non-approval if they carry the possibility of being libelous.
The comment system is not intended as a forum for individuals or groups to air personal grievances against other individuals or groups.
Please, no advertising or trolling.
In posting a comment for consideration, users understand that their posts may be edited as necessary to meet system parameters, or the post may not be approved at all. By submitting a comment, you agree to all the rules and guidelines described here.
Most comments are approved or disregarded within one business day.
Valley NewsAnza Valley OutlookFallbrook.orgSourcebookPDF VersionCoupon CornerSign up for iNewsEarthquake Info
357 Medical marijuan...
264 Arrests now numb...
246 13-year-old Fall...
211 Vote ‘yes’ on Pr...
205 Arrests now tota...
170 UPDATE: Authorit...
168 Man hit, killed ...
166 Marine commits s...
153 13-year-old Fall...
149 Little Mexico in...
148 EXCLUSIVE UPDATE...
145 Increased Noise ...
137 Fallbrook reside...
133 Methamphetamine ...
125 Mother-in-law ar...